Saturday, January 24, 2009

3 Days Commuting this week

Monday: 8 miles 23F
Tuesday: 8 miles 25F
Thursday: 8 miles 23F (60F on the way home!)

I commuted to work by bike 3 days this week! I'm not one of those people who tell everyone that they are going to stop driving their car and ride their bike everywhere they go. Sorry, I still like to drive my vehicle when it is raining, snowing, icing, below 20 degrees during the day, etc. Maybe I should set a goal, though. I'm thinking about trying to bike to work at least 20% of the time.

I complained to Gayle that I needed new wind/rain pants. We went over to Cycle Works Thursday evening since they were having all their winter cycling clothes 50% off. They had a few sets of wind/rain pants at $80 ($40 at 50% off), but none in my size. It looks like they were pretty well picked over. We checked at Penny's next and found some Nike wind/rain pants on sale for about $26. Why do cycling clothes cost so much more than running clothes??? These items were basically the same thing. Even at Performance Bike, they want $70 for wind/rain pants. Hmmmm - something to think about.

Brad also commuted to work by bike 3 times this week - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. He told a good story about his ride on Wednesday. Apparently, a local policeman turned into a side street in front of him without signalling his turn. Brad stopped him and asked if his blinker was broken! That takes guts!

No comments: