Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Commuting in the cold

Today: 8 miles, 25 F
Yesterday: 8 miles, 15 F

This is what I looked like the last two mornings. Monday it was 15 degrees on my commute and this morning it was "only" 25 degrees. I actually took another photo of the time & temp sign at the defunct Taco Bueno at 84th and Leighton, but it looks like I accidentally held my thumb over the lens. Anyway, the temperature is blurry, so you can't read it. I was a little slower this morning because I removed a broken Jim Beam bottle off the path so I wouldn't run over it next time through. Last week I had to move about 10 pounds of broken safety glass from some car window off the path. There are still a few small particles left, but I doubt that they can penetrate my Bontrager Race Light Hardcase (I hope). The sidewalk along 84th St. seems to be where all the drunks and idiots throw their beer bottles and other assorted garbage. Between that and the tall weeds, it can be a real obstacle course. I used to take 70th St. while 84th and Adams was under construction, but that is pretty busy with rush hour traffic in the evening.

No comments: