Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Is Spring here?

Sunday's temp: 59 Sunday's miles: 11.2
Monday's temp: 79 !!!! Monday's miles: 8
Tuesday's temp: 71 Tuesday's miles: 8
Wednesday's temp: 60 Wednesday's miles: 8

This week has been great so far. Rain is predicted for tomorrow morning, so I hope I didn't speak too soon. On Sunday Gayle spotted a small Olympus camera for $69 at Office Max. I had been looking for a small camera that would fit in my cycling jersey pocket so I could take it on our tours this spring and summer. It was about 3:30 Sunday afternoon and I had to make a decision - should I go for a bike ride or drive to Office max and buy the camera. How about both! Office Max at 25th and O was only a few blocks from the west end of the MoPac Trail. I biked down there, bought the camera, and biked back with the shopping bag hanging from my right handlebar. I am now an "Official" bike commuter!

Monday's temp of 79 degrees didn't set any records but it was still wonderful weather to bike to work. I did have some words with a semi-tractor-trailer rig that pulled into the 66 gas station at 84th and Cornhusker from Cornhusker. I was getting ready to exit the gas station area onto Cornhusker Hwy shoulder for the last 2 blocks of my morning commute, when the semi decided to make a right turn into the same gas station, making a very wide turn in front of me to get into the lot. I needed to stop and back up about 15 feet in order for him to complete his turn.

Today (Tuesday), both Brad and I had to stop for a semi who decided that he wanted to pull onto 84th St. from the ADM plant directly in front of us. I guess that bikes going 17 mph on the sidewalk don't count.

No comments: