Friday, March 6, 2009

Time to replace my tires


Temperature yesterday: 76 F
Miles yesterday: 8
Temperature today: 59 F
Miles today: 16.2 Ave Speed 13.4
As you can see from the photo above, I have a big area without tread on my rear tire on the TREK 7.6FX. This is the original Bontrager Race Light Hardcase 700x32c tire that came with the bike in March 2007. It probably has around 3700 miles on it. Looks like it is time to replace it. I will also replace the front tire too, as it has around 2500 miles on it. I wonder if the tread came off as a result of the fall I had a few weeks ago, or did the lack of tread cause the fall. Hmmm. My guess is that I will never know which came first.
Yesterday I biked to work. The morning temp was around 47 F, but the afternoon temp was an amazing 76 F! This was a new record for March 5 in Lincoln. Today it was cooler, only 59 F, but still very nice. I took the day off to work some projects in the house and to ride this afternoon. My ride was from Holmes Lake to Densmore Park and back. Very enjoyable! Now, to get the tires changed .....

No comments: