Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Back on the bike again

I've gotten back on the bike again and it feels great. Most of the stress from the past few days seems to just dissolve when I am out cycling. I was out for a 10 mile out & back on the MoPac both Monday and today. Maybe I'll go a little farther out tomorrow. When I am by myself pedalling, I like the quiet solitude of the crushed rock trails, such as the MoPac, Murdock, Jamaica North and Homestead. The MoPac is my favorite, mostly because it is nearby. My favorite time is between 3pm and 6pm, however the car traffic on 84th St. gets pretty bad right around 5pm. When I am with a group of riders, low traffic paved roads are great, especially if they have good shoulders.

The job search is going slow. I've sent out about 6 applications so far, with one rejection. This is about what I expected. In my spare time at home (spare???), I am cleaning out the basement and putting a few items on Craig's List. Our daughter was home yesterday and today, and she has been a great help sorting out some of her old things to throw away, give away or sell.

No comments: