Sunday, May 3, 2009

2009 Lincoln Marathon photos





Here are a few photos taken from the handlebar of my bike during this morning's Lincoln Marathon. The runners that you see in these photos only did the Half-Marathon instead of the full 26.6 mile full Marathon. They looked like they should have gone all the way, as they were about 5 to 6 minutes ahead of the guy who actually won the full Marathon (#4). Most of my equipment on the bike functioned well, however the APRS did not produce as many tracking points as last year. I may need to improve my APRS antenna for next year. Voice worked very well - the only problem I had was that the keyboard lock on the radio failed and I had to re-enter the correct memory channel a couple times. Things get bumped a lot on the bike so you have to lock things down to keep them from shifting during a long ride. More photos tomorrow.

No comments: