Thursday, April 2, 2009

Another Winter weekend coming up

Yesterday I was able to get out on the MoPac Trail and log another 10 miles. My average speed increased to 14.4 mph. However, this weekend looks bad. Rain and wind is predicted for Saturday with 4 to 8 inches of snow possible Saturday night and Palm Sunday! If you can, get your miles in on Friday.

Now would be a good time to begin logging your average speed over your favorite course. My favorite course is the MoPac from 84th St. to 148th St. on weekday evenings. There isn't the 5pm traffic that you would normally get on roads that time of day. I like to set a goal for either time or average speed and see if I can beat it, or at least increase the speed over a few weeks. Let me know what your favorite course is, and what your goals are.

No comments: