Sunday, April 26, 2009

Trek Incite ACH Removed!

I have officially given up on the Trek Incite ACH that I installed on my bike back in December 2008. It has given me nothing but problems. I wrote to Trek and they told me to replace the batteries. I did that for both the main unit AND the wireless sensor. It still wouldn't work in temperatures below about 40 degrees F. When I would roll the bike out of the garage in the morning in temps of mid 20's to mid 30's, it would immediately read 30 to 50 mph! (with the bike standing still!) It got better when temps were in the 40's and 50's. Another problem just discovered yesterday is that the Speed reading went to ZERO at any speed above 25 mph. What good is that??? I was at Scheels yesterday evening and bought the SERFAS wired 14 function cyclecomputer that was on sale for $20. Anyone want a slightly used Trek Incite ACH?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have the same unit, similar problems. Unreliable below 50 deg but that's the batteries fault, other cyclometers have problems below 50. Mine drops to zero when I go above 34mph. I'm also endlessly irritated by the lenghty mode scriptions. Waiting for them to finish scrolling is frustrating. The new Trek cyclometers solve all of these problems.